Justin and Jon are joined by Jason Fried to talk about:
- The philosophy behind their new book Shape Up.
- Does Basecamp's approach to 6-week cycles differ for smaller teams?
- "Long projects destroy morale. When things don't ship, you get frustrated." – Jason Fried
- Why projects ship late (it's human nature).
- Why work is like a hill.
- How they make product decisions at Basecamp.
- How do you know what you should work on next?
- Why they don't believe in backlogs.
- "That feeling of 'there's nothing to do, but there's everything to do' shouldn't be happening." – Jason Fried
- "You need a system at some point. When you have two people, you can hack your way to anything. But as soon as you grow, you'll need a system." – Jason Fried
- "What we have is not a perfect system. And even if it was, we don't execute these things perfectly." – Jason Fried
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
You can reply to this podcast here:
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★