Today's episode provides a host of information on what makes us sleepy, sleep soundly, and feel awake and alert. It covers a broad range of tools for anyone wishing to improve their sleep and wakeful state. The science and logic for each tool is described. Please put your questions related to Episodes 1 & 2 in the comments section below so I can address them in Episode 3 "Office Hours".
Thank you to our sponsors:
Timestamps can be found below:
- What Is Sleep Really For? - 3:30
- Sleep Hunger - 6:15
- Caffeine: Devil & Angel - 9:00
- Timing Your Sleep Properly - 12:20
- Release Your Hormones (At The Right Times) - 14:15
- (Pineal) Melatonin Waring - 18:45
- Strange Vision Is Good Vision - 24:30
- Blue Light Is Great! - 32:50
- The Real Problem With Smartphones - 37:00
- Blind / Low Vision People - 38:30
- Using Exercise & Food To Set Your Clock - 39:45
- The Power of Sunset - 42:00
- The Healthy Holes In Your Skull - 46:43
- Bad Light - 48:15
- Light Location - 51:11
- Fire / Candlelight - 53:00
- When To Eat - 54:00
- How To Wake Up Earlier - 55:40
- Using The Body To Control The Mind - 1:08:00
- Drugs & Supplements - 1:10:00
- Sleep Walking - 1:18:00
- Office Hours - 1:20:00
Links to several of the tools mentioned in this episode are listed below.
- 10 Min Yoga Nidra Script (no cost)
- 35 Min Yoga Nidra Script (no cost)
- Research Supported Hypnosis Scripts (no cost)
- Independent Supplement Research Site (no cost)
Note: a special episode devoted to shift workers and jetlag is coming out soon.
As always, thank you for your interest in science!
Please note that The Huberman Lab Podcast is distinct from Dr. Huberman's teaching and research roles at Stanford University School of Medicine. The information provided in this show is not medical advice, nor should it be taken or applied as a replacement for medical advice. The Huberman Lab Podcast, its employees, guests and affiliates assume no liability for the application of the information discussed.
[Title Card Photo Credit: Mike Blabac https://www.blabacphoto.com/]