This week starts with the wonderful news that Annika is now a full time ESP member and co-host. We couldn’t be happier!
We start with a minor correction to a story from last week and then chat a bit about the latest astronomy news before we celebrate this week in history: Happy birthday to the great skeptic and parapsychology researcher Susan Blackmore! (Also see our episode #088 when we had her as a guest)
Giving the Pope more or less a pass this week, we then dive into the news:
- Covid-19 update
- Austrian Science Busters
- (Not so) scientific paper on covid and 5G is withdrawn
- Another misleading “letter from a doctor” regarding covid19 is making the rounds
- How to engage conspiracy theorists
- Climate change CO2 sensitivity
- Heatwave in Siberia melts ice in the Arctic Ocean
- German homeopathy study criticized
- Orbán keeps winning the fight against Hungarian free press
- UK to fight obesity by banning junk food ads
The prize for being Really Wrong goes to the scientific journal “Journal of Public Health: From Theory to Practice”. They totally failed the peer review process on a study that claims there is “mathematical proof” that homeopathy is effective against covid-19.
Intro; Greetings; This Week; News; Really Right; Quote and Farewell; Outro; Out-takes
Events Calendar: http://theesp.eu/events_in_europe